Alright, show of hands: who loves easy recipes with simple ingredients? Honestly, it’s the only way to go when you’re making a ton of yummy apps for an event! With dozens of recipes to choose from, how do you strike the perfect balance between effortless and elegant? The best strategy for serving up a delicious dish at a party is pretty straightforward: regardless of what it is, put it on a stick!
These Meatball Appetizers are an excellent choice since they are simple, savory, and super versatile! Are you tasked with providing appetizers for a charming baby shower party? Whip up a few of these little guys! Need a side dish for an elegant bridal shower? Add some fancy gouda cheese, and you’re all set! No matter the occasion, meatball appetizers are adaptable – you can tailor them to match your needs perfectly. And, of course, they’re best served on a stick.
While this recipe calls on you to make your own meatballs from scratch, don’t be intimidated! You probably have most of the ingredients in your pantry already, and the others are just a quick grocery trip away. Once you have everything, it’s just a matter of throwing everything in a bowl and mashing it together. No technical culinary skills are required! And the other components for Meatball Appetizers are even easier to prepare. Chop some lettuce, slice some cheese, and rinse some cherry tomatoes (gasp!) and you have everything you need to make some scrumptious snacks for your guests.
2 Cups mixed pork and beef minced meat
1 Egg, beaten
1/4 Cup breadcrumbs
1/4 Cup finely chopped onion
2 Tsp minced garlic
3/4 Tsp salt or to taste
1/4 Tsp black pepper
2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
2 Mozzarellas, sliced
3-4 Lettuce leaves
1 ½ Cup cherry tomatoes
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with non-stick spray. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine meat, egg, breadcrumbs, salt, garlic, onion, black pepper and parsley. Stir just until combined, do not over mix.
3. Use a medium cookie scoop or spoon to scoop the meat. Form balls and place on the tray.
4. Bake uncovered for 17-20 minutes, or until no longer pink in the middle. Turn halfway through, so the bottoms don’t brown. Allow to cool.
5. Using small skewers, layer your ingredients starting with the cherry tomatoes, then some lettuce, sliced mozzarella and finish with meatballs. Do the same with all ingredients. Enjoy!
If you want to shake things up a bit, try swapping out the lettuce leaf for a leaf of fresh basil. Mozzarella cheese + tomato + fresh basil = Caprese Meatball Appetizers! Your guests are guaranteed to love these cute yet classy one-bite wonders, no matter which way you serve them up.