Easter is a wonderful time of year that brings thoughts of spring, bright colors, and sunshine. It’s also a time for creative Easter recipes and tasty desserts to share with family. If you love Easter, but don’t love baking this recipe could be for you! This simple and adorable rocky road Easter dessert requires no baking and features tasty ingredients that kids and adults alike will love.
You can make these treats for a family gathering or portion them out for a tasty dessert in school lunches. Your kids will love the fun spring colors in their lunchboxes! You might even find yourself indulging in this perfect afternoon snack. These delicious creations can also be customized for any event. Simply replace the Easter egg candy with your candy of choice. With customization, there are endless possibilities of how to use this dessert.
The no-bake rocky road Easter dessert is not only delicious but also easy to make. With just six easy steps and no baking required, this is the perfect treat to make the night before your kid’s school party. You might even have many of the ingredients at home and the toppings can be customized with whatever you have on hand.
While this Easter dessert is simple, it’s sure to please every guest in your house this season.
1 1/2 Cup (150 g) ground biscuits
100 g butter, melted
2 Tbsp powdered gelatin, unflavored
3/4 Cup water
1 Cup granulated sugar
½ Cup corn syrup
200 g milk chocolate, melted
1/3 Cup roasted peanuts
2 Tbsp candied cherries
2 Tbsp desiccated coconut or coconut shavings
1/3 Cup easter eggs candy
- Line a square 9×9” tin with baking paper. Set aside.
- To make the base, in a medium bowl, combine the ground biscuits and the melted butter. Transfer the mixture into the lined tin and press well.
- To prepare the marshmallow layer, place the gelatin in a mixer bowl, add ½ cup cold water and let sit for about 5-10 minutes.
- In a saucepan over high heat, add the sugar, corn syrup, and the remaining water. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Pour the hot mixture into the mixer bowl very slowly, keeping the mixer running. Increase the speed to medium and beat for 7-10 minutes, until white and fluffy. Pour it over the base and allow it to set.
- When the marshmallow layer is set, combine the chocolate with peanuts, candied cherries, and coconut. Pour the chocolate mixture over the marshmallow. Top with Easter eggs candy and allow in a cool place to set.
- When ready, cut into squares and enjoy!