Why Finger Foods?
Finger foods are perfect for all sorts of parties! Even the simpliest finger food recipe can look absolutely appetizing especially with some creative garnishing, you’ll be feeling proud of what you’ve put out of the table! Besides being able to easily share the foods amongst guests, there are few other reasons why I truly love these bite sized foods.
Firstly, plates and utensils are not required, so not only would you be saving money, you’ll be doing your part in helping the enviroment. And with more and more people going green, buying organic foods, hosting eco-friendly parties, it makes more sense to avoid using supplies that’ll just end up in the landfill.
Secondly, if you stick to simple finger foods, you’ll be saving yourself from some stress. The foods can be easy to prepare and they tend to create less mess meaning less headache and cleaning up at the end of the day. It is also perfect nibble food for young children.
Lastly, if you are planning a budget baby shower party, finger foods are definitely the way to go as you’ll be able to feed more guests. Imagine a beef fillet steak that would normally feed one person. By cutting it up into small portions with some garnishing such as a piece of chopped up scallion on top, you’ll have more guests enjoying your food, and your guests would be able to easily grab one and continue on with their mingling.
Baby Shower Recipe Collection
These are my personal favorite: You can click on the link for the recipe.
- Bacon Cheeseburger Meatballs by An Affair From the Heart
- Herb and Cheese Scones with Chive Cream by Taste
- Mini Croques Monsier Sandwiches by Hip Foodie Mom
- Mini Corn Dog Muffins by Hip 2 Save
- Mini Pancake Stacks by Flavorite
- Zucchini Muffins by Yummy Mummy Club
- Zucchini, Haloumi Fritters by Taste
- Beef Sausage Rolls by Taste
- Cucumber Ham and Cheese Bite by Lilluna
- Potato Skins by Taste Recipe